Let’s begin by acknowledging some of the questions you may have.
Why am I attending this class? What information is important to me? How will the types of questions I ponder change over time?
Why am I here?
- I want to know why Compliance Sheriff is scanning my site and why its important.
Who initiated this process?
- I want background information on NFB compliance.
What is my score?
- I want to know my score so that I can understand my site's degree of legal risk.
- I want to know how my score compares to other units across Penn State so that I can understand the relative legal risk.
- I want to know how my score is determined so that I can understand why it so low/high.
How do I read reports?
- I want to learn the terms and concepts used in Compliance Sheriff so that I can understand the reports.
- I want to learn how to understand the reports that have been generated for me so that I can take this back to my web developers.
When do I need to fix these issues by?
- I want to know how my web developers can fix the errors so that I can comply and lower the legal risk.
- I want to know how to scan additional sites so that I can improve the compliance of my overall web presence.
- I want to know how to generate custom or mini-reports and have those emailed to me so that I can monitor progress.
This course contains two major components:
- Learn to use Compliance Sheriff to scan a web site and determine accessibility problems
- Learn about methods to remediate accessibility problems
You will learn to:
- Log into the system
- Identify common terms
- Identify a site's health score
- Read required reports
- Identify methods to remediate your site's accessibility problems