Microsoft Office allows you to mark the first row of a table as table headers in both PowerPoint and Word. The general process is to find the table formatting options in the the ribbon and check Header Row for each table.
- Open a document in either Word or PowerPoint.
- Click anywhere in the table.
- Go to the Design tab (Office 2013/2010 for Windows) or the Table tab (Office 2011 for Mac) at the top of the page.
- Check the Header Row check box for the First Column and/or First Row.
- Type (or retype) your column headings.
- Press the Enter key.
NOTE: Office 2013 has 2 design tabs, click on the one the right under TABLE TOOLS. The other one is generic for the entire document.
PowerPoint 2013 for Windows Headers Tool
Word 2013 for Windows Headers Tool
Windows Office 2010
In Office 2010, the Header Row checkbox can be seen in the Table tab in the ribbon.
In Office 2016, the Header Row checkbox can be seen in the Table Design tab in the ribbon.
In Office 2011, the Header Row checkbox can be seen in the Table tab in the ribbon.