Clickers are a device used in various courses to allow students to submit answers to multiple choice questions during a lecture or other presentation. The current device is from iClicker and includes various mechanisms to enhance clicker accessibility for different students.
Visually Impaired Students
The following options are available for visually impaired students. They include:
- Clickers feature large raised letters. Braille stickers are also available free upon request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a clicker with Braille stickers.
- Submission buttons are approximately the size of a finger pad.
- The online registration form is tagged to include form labels.
- Clickers which vibrate to indicate a student’s vote being received are available upon request. Contact email@example.com to request a vibrating clicker with Braille stickers.
Color Deficient Vision
Blinking vs. non-blinking lights indicate whether a vote has been received or not. Specifically:
- A steady green light signals that the vote was received.
- A blinking red light signals that the vote was NOT received.