The IT Accessibility Group provides consulting, testing and training on accessibility for staff and faculty at Penn State. The IT Accessibility Group consists of:
Philip Voorhees, ATACP
BS double major in Electronic Media Management and International Relations,
Assistive Technology Applications Certificate (CSUN ATACP)
Manager of the IT Accessibility Team.
Highly effective professional with 21 plus years of success bridging the access gap by developing and/or implementing accessibility policy and plans for digital access, instructional access, employee access, communications access and accommodation processes in higher education.
- Accessibility consultant, evangelist, tester, trainer and presenter at Penn State and national/international conferences.
- Author, accessibility policy and procedures.
- Co-Chair, Penn State Accessible Technology and Information initiative.
- Co-Chair, Penn State Web Liaisons Group.
- Member of Penn State Accessibility Leadership Coordinating Group.
- Member, Big Ten Academic Alliance IT Accessibility Group.
- Member, Access Technology Higher Education Network.
- Member, Association on Higher Education And Disability.
- Member, IMS Global Accessibility Community of Practice.
- Member, DAISY Consortium Accessible EPub Initiative.
- Member, EDUCAUSE Accessibility Constituent Group.
- Accessibility/Assistive Technology advisory role for ATHEN, Google, Freedom Scientific, McGraw Hill, Pearson and Macmillan.
M. Ed., Adult Education
Natalie joined the “A-Team” in early 2020. She brings with her over 15 years of experience in online education, having picked up and honed various knowledge and skills along the way, including:
- instructional design
- accessibility and usability
- project management
- vendor relationship management
M.Ed., Teaching of the Visually Impaired
Member of the Accessibility Team since 2011.
- Frequent trainer and presenter at Penn State for raising awareness of accessibility issues in information technology, through demonstrations of screen readers.
- Member, National Federation of the Blind, and President of the local Happy Valley chapter.
- Blind, a power user of assistive technology.
- Tests website and application accessibility and usability.
Elizabeth J. Pyatt
Twenty years of experience evangelizing and training in accessibility of information technology.
- Presenter at multiple CSUN Accessibilityand Accessing Higher Ground conferences
- Member of the EPUB in Higher Education working group
- Production of tactile graphics, MathML and 3D printing for STEM instructional materials.
- Website and application testing.
- Editor of accessibility.psu.edu.
M.Ed., Learning, Design, and Technology
Ph.D. student in Learning, Design, and Technology. Graduate Assistant in Teaching and Learning with Technology. Blindness is not a barrier for JooYoung.
- Subject matter expert in accessibility, assistive technologies, instructional materials, web programming and universal design.
- Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC).
- Frequent presenter and trainer at Penn State and national conferences.
Tester with knowledge of multiple testing strategies.
- Recent Graduate and former intern from South Hills School of Business and Technology.
- Proficient in both visual and screen reader testing methods.
Tactile Production Team
Terri is experienced in creating alt and Braille documents as well as tactile graphics for students in the State College Area School District.
Jenna has been a member since 2019, but has had previous experience in graphic design.
Angela is an experienced illustrator and graphic designer and is using her skills to generate tactile graphics and alt documents.