Link with Kaltura
Note: Recorded Zoom files are now linked to the Penn State Kaltura service. Additional video editing options are available through that service.
Zoom recordings are saved in the MP4 video format. These can be captioned and posted in a number of locations. Additional information about caption options, including live captions, can be found on the Zoom accessibility page.
The option to include automatic transcriptions in Zoom Cloud Recordings is available for Penn State Zoom accounts.
Enable Transcript Option
To enable this option
- Log in into the Zoom Video Conferencing page with your Penn State Access Account and ID.
- Click the Meetings link in the left menu, then the Recording link on the top of the Settings screen.
- Check the option for Audio Transcript. Future recordings in rooms that your account owns will include a transcript.
Edit and Display Transcript
The following options are available to edit and display a transcript
- Edit and embed transcript file within Zoom
- Download and edit the transcript file. Time codes can be added via YouTube or other service. This option would work well if the video file is intended for YouTube.
Zoom has a list of keyboard shortcuts posted on its web site.
Users on a Screen Reader
Screen reader users with visual impairments report being able to use most Zoom functions. Note that some users may prefer the Zoom iphone app.
Mosen Zoom Tutorial
As of March 17, 2020, Mosen Consulting has opened up their audio tutorial on Zoom for screen reader users for no charge.
JAWS Scripts for Zoom
Hartgen is also offering free JAWS scripts for Zoom.
Students or instructors who need to report an accessibility concern can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Update: October 23, 2019